The historical center of Salzburg - the big Five
Salzburg! Many attributes can describe the city on the northern edge of the Alps:
- Former trading center for salt, the "white gold"
- Secular and spiritual center of power of the prince archbishops throughout centuries
- "Rome of the North" with its numerous squares and splendorous Baroque buildings
- "City of Mozart", the birthplace of the great composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- "Festival City" as the seat of the world-famous Salzburg Festival of classical music and performing arts
- World Heritage Site of Unesco since 1996
In a walking tour through the city, we stroll to some of the most beautiful squares, alleys and buildings that make up historic Salzburg:
- Mirabell Palace with its flower-filled Baroque garden.
- Mozart's birthplace and residence
- Getreidegasse, the pulsating shopping street in the heart of the old town
- Cathedral and Cathedral Quarter, the "government quarter" of the former prince archbishops
- The festival halls of the world-famous Salzburg Festival of Classical Music and Performing Arts
Meeting point: Square Mirabellplatz, next to the garten entrance (see map below)
Duration: 2 hours
Equipment: comfortable shoes, weather appropriate clothing
Price on request
date on request
Questions or individual appointments
You´re interested in an individual appointment?
Feel free to contact me by email.
Click here to book now